dcsimg
We research, you save.
Got Questions On Rates? (855) 610-2972
June 8th, 2009

Beware of “www.Tagged.com” Scam

by

One of the latest phishing scams circumnavigating the internet these days comes from the url “www.tagged.com”. This highly-organized scam arrives in your inbox via a friend or an acquaintance’s email address. The email reads that the sender would like to share photos with you via the website “tagged.com”. The financial experts at Thrive.com say “Quickly delete [the email], and inform the friend that sent it to you that their email account has been compromised.”

Here’s what the email may look like:

If you do click either yes or no you’ll be taken to another page which will ask you for personal information, from email account passwords to credit card information.

Thrive.com says:

There is always a risk in giving out your personal information.  But never, ever give out your passwords or financial information online.  No reputable business would ask for it in this way.

(hat tip: Thrive.com)

114 Responses to “Beware of “www.Tagged.com” Scam”

1. Mariela Says: July 24th, 2010 at 5:50 am

Hi everyone! my tagged acount have got delited,i made 4 acounts and tagged always delite me.What is the problem,no matter what pics i will put they always delite me.Pls answer me how i can get back some of my old acounts or how tagged can stop delited me tanx

2. Shaheeda Says: August 10th, 2010 at 2:27 am

One of my collegue use my email address as a alternative email address when she started,she had some dispute on tagged with one of her matches and tagged cancelled my email address anyway she got fired i would love to use my own email address again

3. Shaheeda Says: August 10th, 2010 at 2:29 am

one of my collegue used my email address as a alternative email address when she started here at tagged,she had a dispute with one of her matches and i dont know how my account has been cancelled and she is still on there

4. I'm a foOl Says: August 17th, 2010 at 1:58 am

I was been scammed by a guy by the name of Christ Williams, claim that he is a guy from UK working in Malaysia with project. I’ve transferred money to him twice via westen union to help him with his problems in Malaysia.. Jus beware!! Don’t trust easily.. I’ve learned my lesson

5. Ali Says: October 12th, 2010 at 1:53 am

Hi all Mr Joe Malley’s comments are really interesting. He is privacy attorney to the site but surprisingly he is using gmail.com like free server. hhahahah well don Joe.

6. UserDoe Says: October 12th, 2010 at 2:08 pm

A few days ago a friend of mine asked me to join tagged.com so we could have fun and keep in touch. No problem, I registered made a profile and had fun for 48hrs. Why only 48hrs? Well here it comes: While I was messaging with my dear friend, I suddenly got interrupted. I was kicked to the login page and a message came up saying I had to log in or register in order to continue. So I tried to log back in, but got the message that my account got closed and can not be used anymore. A few minutes later the same thing happened to a family member. I tried to contact them through their support, but never got the automatic response that the e-mail was received, nor an answer. Neither I nor the family member ever got a warning prior to the banning, let alone a reason. This is a terrible site and smells like a scam. Don’t do tagged, stay away.

7. Hemantha Says: November 16th, 2010 at 6:33 am

I also had the same experience. My Tagged account was canceled by themselves and they never replied me when I asked about the problem. I don’t understand why they are doing this

8. kimmone Says: October 10th, 2011 at 9:12 pm

i recieved this message on tagged Dear Winner, This is to notify you that you have won £350,000.00 GBP in our online Tagged Promo in which Profile addresses are picked randomly computerised balloting, powered the Internet. Your Profile address was amongst those chosen for this period.of whiich your profile has won you the sum of £350,000.00 GBP in the on-going tagged profile lottery 2011. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: Simply Send A Message To Tagged Customer Service Agent Mrs.Rose Denise Email: profileaward@rocketmail.com Tel: +447024015134. Mobile +447035960968 Our agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. Yours faithfully, Tagged Team is this a scam

9. Gilbert Says: October 19th, 2011 at 8:26 am

Beware of the stupid internet scam messages. Tagged members take note.

10. zolkipli roslim Says: May 21st, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Hi everyone. I receive an email from tagged.com saying that i among the 5 lucky people had won a yearly promo award. I even received a certificate for it for the amout of usd2.5m. I need to contact boyoung khmer bank to claim the money by email the bank the certificate for them to veryfy. The rep from the bank email me saying that my cert has been veryfied n my the money is allready in the central bank of cambodia. What i need to do now is to send the money usd2500 for them to process via western union. The amount cannot be deducted from my winning as the instruction from tagged.com does not allowed. After some enquiries, the financial director of tagged.com even email me to say that everything is true n even provide me with his identification. Asking me to follow the bank instruction. I was so happy after openning this site to check about internet scam. Tq all.

11. Peti Says: August 17th, 2012 at 12:37 am

Hi! I have two profiles in Tagged.com. Long time i use statcounter.com to see my visitors. It worked perfectly! Now it is imposiblle – Tagged.com doesn’t allow anymore counter to count. I tryed with other counters, but the result is the same. Does anybody know the reason? Thank you!

12. Vickie McCartha Says: October 21st, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Is there anything that can be done about getting scammed for money on Tagged.com. I was scammed by aso-called General David Rodriguez..mlt.gendavid from tagged..Please let me kniw..He got me for $800.00.

13. pearlfoster Says: December 2nd, 2012 at 8:03 pm

tim, i think i’ve had the mother of all scams tried on me by 3 different men who i’m happy to say failed. either i’m very smart, or very stingy and i know that i’m a giving person, but come on now. in this day and age if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it’s probably a scam. i had began chatting with this man on tagged who said he was a christian. now me being a christian we had alot to talk about. we read the bible together and always talked about god. i felt so sad for him because he said that his wife had been killed three years ago n a car crash leaving him a widow and his son without a mother. he said for the last three years he had been looking and praying for the right christian women, and finally his spirit kept telling him it was me. we talked everyday then one day he wrote to me on his i.m. sounding so desperate telling me that he worked for mw canada ltd. and that his boss bob berger who i found out is the president of the company and only has 62 employees had sent him to africa to work but that he had run out of the materials that he needed to finish the job or bob berger wold give the job to another employee. he asked me if i could wire him 1500 dollars to buy the materials to finish the job so that he cold come back to the states to marry me and live a christian life with me. now as i said i had heard simular stories from a couple of other men from africa so they claim. so i said to myself, ok i’ll bite. i told this man that my pastor wanted to help so he had emailed bob berger so that he could send him a check. boy, if you could’ve been a fly on the wall you would;ve died laughing. this man threw a fit screaming, “WHY DID YOU DO THAT!! tell your pastor not to send a check. it has to be cash because you can’t cash checks in africa”. why did he have to email my general? just forget it. i don’t want people to think i’m a begger so only you can know about this pearl. so in the long run he never got my hard earned money, and i told him to kick rocks in flipflops with no socks. i emailed bob berger twice to inform him that his name was being used in a scam but i never got a reply. i had to jump back and kiss myself. lol.

14. Natalie Says: September 17th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Someone from Tagged.com just ripped off 400.00 dollars from my checking account. I called them to complain and they were completely unconcerned and nonchalant about it. The rep told me to go report fraud to my bank as a solution. How is this allowed to go on this day and age with no repercussions! I have not lost or misplaced my wallet or check card so I am at a loss as to how someone got a hold of my info. I Don’t even do any social networking…EVER.