Honoring veterans through mortgage assistance
Homebuyer program(s): Veterans are treated as first-time buyers in the state of Florida as well. Florida, like many states, offers qualified first-time buyers “fixed, low-interest rate mortgage loans.” In addition, a Mortgage Credit Certificate can be combined with a Florida Housing Finance Corporation loan to help homebuyers save on their annual taxes. Closing cost and down payment assistance is also available, but is offered by local, county or city governments.
Veteran population: 1,543,496
Notable military bases in state: Eglin AFB, MacDill AFB, Naval Air Station Pensacola
Average home price: $167,670
Ask the Expert
- Q. Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- Q. Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »With mortgage rates so low, what’s holding back housing?
- »Homeowners: How do mineral rights and fracking affect you?
- »Financial strategies for retired homeowners
- »Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- »First-time homebuyer's guide to open houses
- »7 ways to sell a not-so-perfect house
- »Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
- »The pros and cons of the mortgage interest deduction
- »Why haven’t more Americans bought homes?