Honoring veterans through mortgage assistance
Homebuyer program(s): The Georgia Dream Homeownership Program provides a 30-year fixed-rate first mortgage to first-time homebuyers statewide. If you qualify for this program, you’re also eligible for down payment assistance.
Georgia offers first-time homebuyers three down payment options:
The “Pen” down payment option was the only military reference we came across on the Georgia Department of Community Affairs website. Veterans should contact Georgia’s Office of Homeownership to determine if the programs listed above pertain to veterans and first-time buyers alike.
Veteran population: 776,205
Notable military bases in state: Moody AFB, Robins AFB, Fort Benning, Fort Gordon, Fort McPherson, Kings Bay Submarine Base
Average home price: $145,900
Ask the Expert
- Q. Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- Q. Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »With mortgage rates so low, what’s holding back housing?
- »Homeowners: How do mineral rights and fracking affect you?
- »7 ways to sell a not-so-perfect house
- »Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- »Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
- »First-time homebuyer's guide to open houses
- »Financial strategies for retired homeowners
- »The pros and cons of the mortgage interest deduction
- »Why haven’t more Americans bought homes?