Honoring veterans through mortgage assistance
Homebuyer program(s): The state of Ohio offers seven different loan programs to help veterans achieve the American dream. The programs range from purchasing homes in “federally designated target areas” to “Hero” loans that have an interest rate 0.25 percent below the interest rate offered on other Ohio Housing Finance Agency loan products, down payment and closing cost assistance, an all-encompassing loan program for recent college grads (offers interest rate, down payment and closing cost assistance), Mortgage Credit Certificates, and two programs that assist buyers in purchasing homes that need repairs.
Veteran population: 899,615
Notable military bases in state: Wright-Patterson AFB, Cleveland Coast Guard
Average home price: $120,600
Ask the Expert
- Q. Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- Q. Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »With mortgage rates so low, what’s holding back housing?
- »Homeowners: How do mineral rights and fracking affect you?
- »7 ways to sell a not-so-perfect house
- »Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- »Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
- »First-time homebuyer's guide to open houses
- »Financial strategies for retired homeowners
- »The pros and cons of the mortgage interest deduction
- »Why haven’t more Americans bought homes?