Honoring veterans through mortgage assistance
Homebuyer program(s): The My First Texas Home program and Mortgage Credit Certificates are available to first-time buyers and veterans alike. Combined, these two programs offer veterans a mortgage with a “competitive” interest rate, down payment and closing cost assistance, and tax advantages. Both programs are available to veterans statewide.
Veteran population: 1,675,689
Notable military bases in state: Lackland AFB, Fort Bliss (Army), Fort Hood (Army),
Average home price: $166,211
Ask the Expert
- Q. Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- Q. Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »With mortgage rates so low, what’s holding back housing?
- »Homeowners: How do mineral rights and fracking affect you?
- »Financial strategies for retired homeowners
- »First-time homebuyer's guide to open houses
- »Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- »The pros and cons of the mortgage interest deduction
- »Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
- »Why haven’t more Americans bought homes?
- »Is it time to bring back the homebuyer tax credit?