Honoring veterans through mortgage assistance
Homebuyer program(s): The state of Virginia has three programs targeted to help homebuyers:
Only one program – the Down Payment Assistance program – is aimed at first-time homebuyers. Veterans aren’t singled out for this program, but they will qualify if they meet the program’s qualifications and guidelines.
Veteran population: 837,051
Notable military bases in state: Langley AFB, Fort Belvoir, Fort Eustis, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Naval Station Norfolk
Average home price: $296,500
Ask the Expert
- Q. Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- Q. Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- »First-time homebuyer's guide to open houses
- »With mortgage rates so low, what’s holding back housing?
- »Homeowners: How do mineral rights and fracking affect you?
- »Financial strategies for retired homeowners
- »The pros and cons of the mortgage interest deduction
- »Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
- »Can I get a mortgage with a FICO score of 600?
- »Is it time to bring back the homebuyer tax credit?