7 ways to sell a not-so-perfect house
Another tip is to offer an attractive commission or bonus to the buyer's realty agent, Fleysher says.
For example, your agent might put a note in the multiple-listing service that says, "$1,000 bonus to buyer's agent if sold at asking price." That creates an incentive for agents to show your house to buyers.
"It gets buyers' Realtors excited about selling the property," Fleysher says.
Edwards says neither a repair credit nor an agent incentive will overcome a too-high price. Still, these tactics could help if you and your agent want to try them.
Ask the Expert
- Q. How does child support affect mortgage qualification?
- Q. Struggling after a job loss: should I consider a loan modification or bankruptcy?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »Will a low-rate refinance prevent you from selling?
- »How healthy is your home?
- »Bankruptcy can save your home from foreclosure
- »$109,935 guarantees marital bliss
- »Mortgage interest deduction: More discriminatory than beneficial
- »Why are my adult children still living at home?
- »Do I have to make a down payment?