7 ways to sell a not-so-perfect house
Price it to sell
If your home isn't perfect, you must price it accordingly, Edwards says.
"If you price slightly below the comparable listings, you're making it affordable for buyers to put what's needed into the property," she explains. "More buyers mean the potential for multiple offers. Multiple offers yield a higher net result."
If your house needs major repairs, you can sweeten the deal by offering buyers a repair credit to subsidize the cost.
Ask the Expert
- Q. How does child support affect mortgage qualification?
- Q. Struggling after a job loss: should I consider a loan modification or bankruptcy?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »Will a low-rate refinance prevent you from selling?
- »How healthy is your home?
- »Bankruptcy can save your home from foreclosure
- »$109,935 guarantees marital bliss
- »Mortgage interest deduction: More discriminatory than beneficial
- »Why are my adult children still living at home?
- »Do I have to make a down payment?