NFL playoff teams: Success at home and on the field
San Francisco 49ers (5 Seed--NFC): Eliminated
Even though the 49ers are saying goodbye to Candlestick Park, their home for the last 42 years, not too many homeowners in San Francisco have had to say goodbye to their homes due to foreclosure. Perhaps that’s because home prices are so high in San Francisco that only the highest-quality borrowers become homeowners in the first place.
|Wild Card Round - Winning Team Colored|
|Philadelphia||Matchup||New Orleans||Green Bay||Matchup||San Francisco|
|$ 231,600||Median Home Price||162,500||$ 211,800||Median Home Price||$ 705,000|
|4.56||Mortgage Rate||4.70||4.60||Mortgage Rate||4.68|
|69.3||Homeownership Rate||62.3||57.9||Homeownership Rate||55.1|
|5.70||Foreclosure Rate||4.70||4.4||Foreclosure Rate||2.3|
|Cincinnati||Matchup||San Diego||Indianapolis||Matchup||Kansas City|
|$ 142,100||Median Home Price||485,000||$ 143,500||Median Home Price||$ 162,300|
|4.66||Mortgage Rate||4.66||4.67||Mortgage Rate||4.56|
|64||Homeownership Rate||53.9||67.4||Homeownership Rate||65|
|4.9||Foreclosure Rate||2.4||4.9||Foreclosure Rate||3.1|
|After the Wild Card Round, teams in cities with the higher mortgage rate went 4-0.|
|*Cincinnati and San Diego have the same mortgage rate|
|New Orleans||Matchup||Seattle||San Francisco||Matchup||Carolina|
|4.70||Mortgage Rate||4.71||4.68||Mortgage Rate||4.54|
|San Diego||Matchup||Denver||Indianapolis||Matchup||New England|
|4.66||Mortgage Rate||4.64||4.67||Mortgage Rate||4.57|
New Orleans won’t be able to handle the Seattle weather and their fans. San Diego will defeat Denver for a second time. San Francisco will sneak by Carolina's tough defense. Indianapolis takes the last name of their quarterback and will run with it.
|Championship Round - based on projections|
|San Francisco||Matchup||Seattle||San Diego||Matchup||Indianapolis|
|4.68||Mortgage Rate||4.71||4.66||Mortgage Rate||4.67|
|Seattle is just too good and their fans are just too loud. Indianapolis's "Luck" won't run out just yet.|
|Super Bowl - based on projections|
|Favorites since the start of the year, the Seattle Seahawks will be Super Bowl champions.|
Ask the Expert
- Q. Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- Q. Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »With mortgage rates so low, what’s holding back housing?
- »Homeowners: How do mineral rights and fracking affect you?
- »Financial strategies for retired homeowners
- »Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- »First-time homebuyer's guide to open houses
- »7 ways to sell a not-so-perfect house
- »Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
- »The pros and cons of the mortgage interest deduction
- »Why haven’t more Americans bought homes?