NFL playoff teams: Success at home and on the field
Seattle Seahawks (1 Seed--NFC)
CenturyLink Field in Seattle is about the toughest place to play in the NFL. Surviving in Seattle’s housing market isn’t exactly easy either. High home prices and mortgage rates, not to mention expensive ticket prices to Seahawks games, make winning in the Emerald City, both on and off the field, pretty difficult.
|Wild Card Round - Winning Team Colored|
|Philadelphia||Matchup||New Orleans||Green Bay||Matchup||San Francisco|
|$ 231,600||Median Home Price||162,500||$ 211,800||Median Home Price||$ 705,000|
|4.56||Mortgage Rate||4.70||4.60||Mortgage Rate||4.68|
|69.3||Homeownership Rate||62.3||57.9||Homeownership Rate||55.1|
|5.70||Foreclosure Rate||4.70||4.4||Foreclosure Rate||2.3|
|Cincinnati||Matchup||San Diego||Indianapolis||Matchup||Kansas City|
|$ 142,100||Median Home Price||485,000||$ 143,500||Median Home Price||$ 162,300|
|4.66||Mortgage Rate||4.66||4.67||Mortgage Rate||4.56|
|64||Homeownership Rate||53.9||67.4||Homeownership Rate||65|
|4.9||Foreclosure Rate||2.4||4.9||Foreclosure Rate||3.1|
|After the Wild Card Round, teams in cities with the higher mortgage rate went 4-0.|
|*Cincinnati and San Diego have the same mortgage rate|
|New Orleans||Matchup||Seattle||San Francisco||Matchup||Carolina|
|4.70||Mortgage Rate||4.71||4.68||Mortgage Rate||4.54|
|San Diego||Matchup||Denver||Indianapolis||Matchup||New England|
|4.66||Mortgage Rate||4.64||4.67||Mortgage Rate||4.57|
New Orleans won’t be able to handle the Seattle weather and their fans. San Diego will defeat Denver for a second time. San Francisco will sneak by Carolina's tough defense. Indianapolis takes the last name of their quarterback and will run with it.
|Championship Round - based on projections|
|San Francisco||Matchup||Seattle||San Diego||Matchup||Indianapolis|
|4.68||Mortgage Rate||4.71||4.66||Mortgage Rate||4.67|
|Seattle is just too good and their fans are just too loud. Indianapolis's "Luck" won't run out just yet.|
|Super Bowl - based on projections|
|Favorites since the start of the year, the Seattle Seahawks will be Super Bowl champions.|
Ask the Expert
- Q. Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- Q. Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- »First-time homebuyer's guide to open houses
- »With mortgage rates so low, what’s holding back housing?
- »Homeowners: How do mineral rights and fracking affect you?
- »Financial strategies for retired homeowners
- »The pros and cons of the mortgage interest deduction
- »Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
- »Can I get a mortgage with a FICO score of 600?
- »Is it time to bring back the homebuyer tax credit?