15 Year Fixed Mortgage Rates: current mortgage rates from lenders in the HSH editorial survey
Mortgage Rates for Apr. 17 - 24 , 2015*
|Product||Interest Rate||Points||National Average|
Hide graph data
- Rate changes: Never; fully fixed for entire term
- Benefits: Stable payments; builds equity faster; lower total interest costs than 30-year term
- Alternative Strategy: Consider 30-year term and prepaying loan to preserve cash-flow flexibility
- Useful for: Refinancing to lower total interest cost; retiring mortgage more quickly; building or rebuilding equity more quickly
- Consider if: Buying second home; refinancing to build equity; paying off mortgage before life event (retirement, etc)
- When shopping, ask about: If 15-year term makes the payment too high, whether 20-year term is available
Here's a small random sample of loan rates drawn from the survey of objective information we collect every day. Our database contains current data on thousands of loans from lenders coast to coast -- including jumbo loans.
Unlike other 'surveys,' and other Web sites, the below mortgage rates are not advertisements. HSH contacts over lenders across the country every week -- the same objective survey we've conducted for over 30 years. Our data is so reliable that it's used by Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, the media, and other clients.
These are representative of loans which may be offered in your area, but we don't claim that these are the "best" available. There are many factors which make the "best" loan dependent upon your individual circumstance.
Ready to order your comprehensive list of local lenders? We can email the latest mortgage report to you for just $10 (plus $1 s/h). It includes the application fee, APR, rate-lock info, index, margin, and caps on 3 or more loans per lender. Or you can order it as part of our Homebuyer's Mortgage Kit, which is just $20 (plus $3 s/h).
To order a report for your area by Phone, just call 1-800-873-2837 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Eastern time); Visa and MasterCard accepted.
All information is Copyright© 2015, HSH Associates, Financial Publishers, Riverdale NJ. All rights reserved.
|Lender||State||Phone||Lending Area||% down
|BANK OF THE WEST||OR||503-224-7066||ALL OREGON||20||3||0||417|
|BANK OF THE WEST||OR||503-224-7066||ALL OREGON||20||3.125||0||650|
|BBVA COMPASS BANK||AZ||602-522-2580||ALL ARIZONA||20||2.875||1||417|
|BBVA COMPASS BANK||AZ||602-522-2580||ALL ARIZONA||20||3.25||1||1000|
|CITIZENS BANK||VA||800-288-5569||ALL VIRGINIA,WASH DC,MD||20||3.125||0||750|
|FIFTH THIRD BANK||OH||800-972-3030||ALL OHIO,KY,IN||20||3.125||0||417|
|FIFTH THIRD BANK||OH||800-972-3030||ALL OHIO,KY,IN||20||3.25||0||650|
|GROUP ONE MORTGAGE CORP||MI||248-282-1602||ALL MICHIGAN||20||3.125||0||417|
|HUNTINGTON MORTGAGE COMPANY||OH||513-841-2800||ALL OHIO,KY||20||3.875||0||1000|
|HUNTINGTON MORTGAGE COMPANY||OH||614-480-6505||ALL OHIO||5||3.25||0||417|
|HUNTINGTON MORTGAGE COMPANY||OH||216-447-4424||NORTHERN OHIO||5||3.25||0||417|
|HUNTINGTON MORTGAGE COMPANY||OH||216-447-4424||NORTHERN OHIO||20||3.875||0||650|
|MILFORD FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK||MA||800-478-6990||ALL MASSACHUSETTS,RI||20||2.875||0||417|
|N V E BANK||NJ||201-816-2800||ALL NEW JERSEY||5||3||0||417|
|NBT BANK||NY||607-337-2265||ALL NEW YORK||20||3||0||600|
|PNC MORTGAGE||MO||636-345-0051||ALL MISSOURI||20||3.125||0||417|
|SPENCER SAVINGS BANK||NJ||201-703-3800||ALL NEW JERSEY||20||3||0||417|
|STURDY SAVINGS BANK||NJ||609-463-5206||CAPE MAY||20||3.375||0||417|
|US BANK HOME MORTGAGE||AZ||480-515-7760||ALL ARIZONA||20||3.125||0||417|
|Be sure to see our other loan samples:|
|30-Year FRMs||1-Year ARMs||5/1-Year Hybrid ARMs|
- All interest rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
- These lenders offer many different loan programs. If you want one that isn't listed, contact the lender directly.
- The conforming loan limit for a one-family home is $417,000; two- to four-family homes have higher loan amounts.
- Lenders which offer conforming loans almost always offer jumbo loans as well.
Column heading key
Lender: The institution. If a credit union, you'll need to contact them for membership information and details.
State: The state in which the lender is located.
Phone: The lender's contact number.
Lending Area: The area which the listed office serves.
Adjustment Period: How often the interest rate adjusts (in years).
Term:The total term of the mortgage.
Down Payment: The required down payment for the listed loan.
Interest Rate: The interest rate being charged for the listed loan.
Points: A fee, expressed as a percentage of the loan amount.
One point is equal to a 1% fee; a 1% fee on $100,000 would be a $1000 fee.
Maximum Loan: The maximum dollar amount available at the listed rates and terms.
Index Used: The name of the index used to govern rate changes.