15 Year Fixed Mortgage Rates: current mortgage rates from lenders in the HSH editorial survey
Mortgage Rates for Aug. 22 - 29 , 2014*
|Product||Interest Rate||Points||National Average|
Show graph data
- Rate changes : Never; fully fixed for entire term
- Benefits : Stable payments; builds equity faster; lower total interest costs than 30-year term
- Alternative Strategy : Consider 30-year term and prepaying loan to preserve cash-flow flexibility
- Useful for : Refinancing to lower total interest cost; retiring mortgage more quickly; building or rebuilding equity more quickly
- Consider if : Buying second home; refinancing to build equity; paying off mortgage before life event (retirement, etc)
- When shopping, ask about : If 20-year term makes payment too high, whether 25-year term is available
Here's a small random sample of loan rates drawn from the survey of objective information we collect every day. Our database contains current data on thousands of loans from lenders coast to coast -- including jumbo loans.
Unlike other 'surveys,' and other Web sites, these mortgage rates are not advertisements. HSH contacts over lenders across the country every week -- the same objective survey we've conducted for over 30 years. Our data is so reliable that it's used by Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, the media, and other clients.
These are representative of loans which may be offered in your area, but we don't claim that these are the "best" available. There are many factors which make the "best" loan dependent upon your individual circumstance.
Ready to order your comprehensive list of local lenders? We can email the latest mortgage report to you for just $10 (plus $1 s/h). It includes the application fee, APR, rate-lock info, index, margin, and caps on 3 or more loans per lender. Or you can order it as part of our Homebuyer's Mortgage Kit, which is just $20 (plus $3 s/h).
To order a report for your area by Phone, just call 1-800-873-2837 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Eastern time); Visa and MasterCard accepted.
All information is Copyright © 2014 HSH Associates, Financial Publishers, Riverdale NJ. All rights reserved.
|Lender||State||Phone||Lending Area||% down
|BANK OF AMERICA HOME LOANS||TX||713-830-0932||ALL TEXAS||20||3.375||0.561||417|
|BANK OF AMERICA HOME LOANS||TX||713-830-0932||ALL TEXAS||20||3.625||0.291||1000|
|BANK OF AMERICA HOME LOANS||MD||443-837-0448||ALL MARYLAND||20||3.625||0.295||1000|
|BANK OF AMERICA MORTGAGE||WA||206-585-3666||WESTERN WASHINGTON||20||3.5||0||1000|
|BRANCH BANKING & TRUST||MD||410-727-7511||BALTIMORE METRO AREA||20||3.25||0.375||1000|
|CHASE BANK||CA||415-749-6535||ALL CALIFORNIA||30||3.625||0||1000|
|CHASE BANK||CA||415-749-6535||ALL CALIFORNIA||20||3.375||0.375||417|
|CHASE BANK||TX||713-524-5755||ALL TEXAS||20||3.25||1.25||1000|
|CHASE BANK||TX||713-752-8935||ALL TEXAS||20||3.375||0.125||417|
|CHASE BANK||CA||619-615-0600||ALL CALIFORNIA||20||3.375||0.375||417|
|CITIBANK, FSB||CT||203-321-4600||ALL CONNECTICUT||20||3.375||0||700|
|CITIZENS BANK||NH||603-634-7000||ALL NEW HAMPSHIRE,ME||20||3.5||0||417|
|CITIZENS BANK||NH||603-634-7000||ALL NEW HAMPSHIRE,ME||25||3.5||0||650|
|FIRST BANK||CA||626-300-0880||ALL CALIFORNIA||10||3.5||0||417|
|HSBC BANK USA||CA||415-678-3861||ALL CALIFORNIA||20||3.42||0||417|
|PEOPLES UNITED BANK||CT||203-338-7001||ALL CONNECTICUT||25||3.125||0.375||417|
|PEOPLES UNITED BANK||CT||203-338-7001||ALL CONNECTICUT||25||3.625||0||650|
|ROSEDALE FEDERAL S&L||MD||410-668-4400||BALTIMORE METRO||20||3.75||0.5||750|
|TCF NATIONAL BANK||IL||800-823-2265||ALL ILLINOIS||20||3.375||0||650|
|TRI CITY NATIONAL||WI||414-761-1610||SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN||5||3.125||0||417|
|Be sure to see our other loan samples:|
|30-Year FRMs||1-Year ARMs||5/1-Year Hybrid ARMs|
- All interest rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
- These lenders offer many different loan programs. If you want one that isn't listed, contact the lender directly.
- The conforming loan limit for a one-family home is $417,000; two- to four-family homes have higher loan amounts.
- Lenders which offer conforming loans almost always offer jumbo loans as well.