The salary you must earn to buy a home in 25 cities
San Francisco: $115,510.06
Mortgage rate: 4.28 percent
Home price: $682,410
Monthly payment: $2,695.23
San Francisco had the lowest mortgage rates on our list, and rates in the City by the Bay also saw the largest quarterly decline, nearly half a percentage point. Add in a price decline and buyers could make nearly $10,000 less in the fourth quarter and still afford to buy.
Ask the Expert
- Q. Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- Q. Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »Does a lower credit score mean a higher FHA mortgage rate?
- »First-time homebuyer's guide to open houses
- »With mortgage rates so low, what’s holding back housing?
- »Homeowners: How do mineral rights and fracking affect you?
- »Financial strategies for retired homeowners
- »The pros and cons of the mortgage interest deduction
- »Will mortgage insurance protect my family if I pass away?
- »Can I get a mortgage with a FICO score of 600?
- »Is it time to bring back the homebuyer tax credit?