How to shop for a home online
"It's great that you can see 10 to 25 photos of a property online before you see a place, but you need to be aware the wide angle lens are used to make everything look bigger," says Corbett. "Photographers are also digitally saturating photos with color which can make a home look lighter than it is."
Even better than house photos, says Corbett, are the "street view" and "bird's eye view" options on Trulia.
"The street view lets you look at the listing and walk the block to see what's around it and what the neighborhood is like," he says. "The bird's eye view is like zooming in on the property from outer space so you can get a feel for the layout."
Ask the Expert
- Q. How does child support affect mortgage qualification?
- Q. Struggling after a job loss: should I consider a loan modification or bankruptcy?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »What is the new ‘FICO Score 9’ and what are the benefits?
- »Will a low-rate refinance prevent you from selling?
- »How healthy is your home?
- »Bankruptcy can save your home from foreclosure
- »$109,935 guarantees marital bliss
- »Mortgage interest deduction: More discriminatory than beneficial
- »Why are my adult children still living at home?
- »Do I have to make a down payment?