How to shop for a home online
While every site carries the list price of a property, when you're shopping for a home it helps to know whether the price has gone up or down since the last sale and how long it's been on the market.
"You should pay attention to the price and number of days on the market and the estimated payments, says Katie Curnutte, director of communications for Zillow.com in Seattle, "but it's bringing all of this information together that is the most valuable."
For example, on Homes.com you'll find the days on the market, list price and estimated monthly payment information prominently displayed on each listing.
Ask the Expert
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »5 things homebuyers should be thankful for this Thanksgiving
- »12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance rates
- »How to refinance a second property
- »Can my lender ask me why I'm buying a specific home?
- »Don’t be afraid to get a mortgage
- »Crowdfunding creates new opportunities for homebuyers
- »Elections: Five housing issues a new Congress should fix