How to shop for a home online
You'll find varied information about schools depending on the site. On Homes.com you'll find the names of the local schools but will have to research yourself to find individual information. Trulia provides links to information about each school, including parent reviews. Zillow and Realtor.com have partnered with GreatSchools.com to provide rating information on each school.
"The Great Schools ratings system can be helpful to buyers, but they need to understand that the ratings are based on test scores in each state," says Strauch. "A '6' school in Maryland may not be the same as a '6' school in Virginia or anywhere else since it's based on local tests."
Ask the Expert
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »5 things homebuyers should be thankful for this Thanksgiving
- »12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance rates
- »How to refinance a second property
- »Can my lender ask me why I'm buying a specific home?
- »Don’t be afraid to get a mortgage
- »Crowdfunding creates new opportunities for homebuyers
- »Elections: Five housing issues a new Congress should fix