How to shop for a home online
You'll find varied information about schools depending on the site. On Homes.com you'll find the names of the local schools but will have to research yourself to find individual information. Trulia provides links to information about each school, including parent reviews. Zillow and Realtor.com have partnered with GreatSchools.com to provide rating information on each school.
"The Great Schools ratings system can be helpful to buyers, but they need to understand that the ratings are based on test scores in each state," says Strauch. "A '6' school in Maryland may not be the same as a '6' school in Virginia or anywhere else since it's based on local tests."
Ask the Expert
- Q. How does child support affect mortgage qualification?
- Q. Struggling after a job loss: should I consider a loan modification or bankruptcy?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »Will a low-rate refinance prevent you from selling?
- »How healthy is your home?
- »Bankruptcy can save your home from foreclosure
- »$109,935 guarantees marital bliss
- »Mortgage interest deduction: More discriminatory than beneficial
- »Why are my adult children still living at home?
- »Do I have to make a down payment?