15 Year Fixed Mortgage Rates: current mortgage rates from lenders in the HSH editorial survey
Mortgage Rates for Oct. 10 - 17 , 2014*
|Product||Interest Rate||Points||National Average|
Show graph data
- Rate changes: Never; fully fixed for entire term
- Benefits: Stable payments; builds equity faster; lower total interest costs than 30-year term
- Alternative Strategy: Consider 30-year term and prepaying loan to preserve cash-flow flexibility
- Useful for: Refinancing to lower total interest cost; retiring mortgage more quickly; building or rebuilding equity more quickly
- Consider if: Buying second home; refinancing to build equity; paying off mortgage before life event (retirement, etc)
- When shopping, ask about: If 15-year term makes the payment too high, whether 20-year term is available
Here's a small random sample of loan rates drawn from the survey of objective information we collect every day. Our database contains current data on thousands of loans from lenders coast to coast -- including jumbo loans.
Unlike other 'surveys,' and other Web sites, the below mortgage rates are not advertisements. HSH contacts over lenders across the country every week -- the same objective survey we've conducted for over 30 years. Our data is so reliable that it's used by Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, the media, and other clients.
These are representative of loans which may be offered in your area, but we don't claim that these are the "best" available. There are many factors which make the "best" loan dependent upon your individual circumstance.
Ready to order your comprehensive list of local lenders? We can email the latest mortgage report to you for just $10 (plus $1 s/h). It includes the application fee, APR, rate-lock info, index, margin, and caps on 3 or more loans per lender. Or you can order it as part of our Homebuyer's Mortgage Kit, which is just $20 (plus $3 s/h).
To order a report for your area by Phone, just call 1-800-873-2837 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Eastern time); Visa and MasterCard accepted.
All information is Copyright © 2014 HSH Associates, Financial Publishers, Riverdale NJ. All rights reserved.
|Lender||State||Phone||Lending Area||% down
|ASSURED MORTGAGE, INC||WI||262-796-0662||MILWAUKEE METRO||20||3.25||0||650|
|BANK OF AMERICA||NC||704-386-6188||ALL NORTH CAROLINA||20||3||0.427||417|
|BANK OF AMERICA HOME LOANS||FL||305-468-4345||ALL FLORIDA||20||3.125||0.185||417|
|CLIFTON SAVINGS BANK, SLA||NJ||973-778-6791||ALL NEW JERSEY||25||3.25||0||1000|
|FIRST MERIT BANK||MI||248-258-5300||SOUTHERN MICHIGAN||20||3.125||0||417|
|GOLDEN MORTGAGE CORP||NJ||908-927-9100||ALL NEW JERSEY||20||3.625||0||750|
|GOLDEN MORTGAGE CORP||NJ||908-927-9100||ALL NEW JERSEY||20||3.5||0||625|
|GOLDEN MORTGAGE CORP||NJ||908-927-9100||ALL NEW JERSEY||20||3.375||0||417|
|HUNTINGTON MORTGAGE COMPANY||OH||614-480-6505||ALL OHIO||20||4.25||0||650|
|HUNTINGTON MORTGAGE COMPANY||OH||614-480-6505||ALL OHIO||5||3.25||0||417|
|NBT BANK||NY||518-673-4919||MONTGOMERY,ESSEX COUNTY||5||3||0||417|
|NBT BANK||NY||518-673-4919||MONTGOMERY,ESSEX COUNTY||20||3||0||600|
|ROYAL CREDIT UNION||WI||715-833-8111||ALL WISCONSIN||5||3||0||417|
|STURDY SAVINGS BANK||NJ||609-368-8217||CAPE MAY||20||3.625||0||417|
|TIOGA STATE BANK||NY||888-303-4872||TIOGA,BROOME,TMPKNS,CHEMUNG||5||3.375||0||417|
|UMB BANK||MO||816-860-7000||KANSAS CITY METRO||20||3.125||0||417|
|UMB BANK||OK||405-239-5800||ALL OKLAHOMA||20||3.125||0||417|
|UMB BANK OF ST LOUIS||MO||314-919-1150||ALL MISSOURI||20||3.125||0||417|
|WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE||MN||612-667-2178||ALL MINNESOTA||20||3.125||1||1000|
|Be sure to see our other loan samples:|
|30-Year FRMs||1-Year ARMs||5/1-Year Hybrid ARMs|
- All interest rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
- These lenders offer many different loan programs. If you want one that isn't listed, contact the lender directly.
- The conforming loan limit for a one-family home is $417,000; two- to four-family homes have higher loan amounts.
- Lenders which offer conforming loans almost always offer jumbo loans as well.