Today's mortgage rates - April 26, 2017
Geopolitical troubles and worries continue to be the American mortgage seeker's best friend, as these are causing interest rates to trend lower. In fact, conforming 30-year fixed mortgage rates have drifted back to levels seen just after last November's election, and so have retraced much of the "Trump bump". Freddie Mac reported that the average conforming 30-year fixed-rate mortgage declined by 11 basis points (0.11 percent) to land at 3.97 percent; 15-year FRMs declined an equal amount, falling to 3.23 percent. Hybrid 5/1 ARMs declined by just 8 one-hundredths of one percent (0.08) to slip to 3.10 percent for the week.
Can rates keep falling? Probably not. Fair economic growth, firming inflation and a more active Federal Reserve top the list of reasons why they will have trouble falling, but it would be wrong to underestimate the power of worried or pessimistic investors to drive rates lower in a continued flight-to-safety or -quality move.
Today's mortgage rates from our partners
- Refinance to a get a lower payment, cash back or a faster payoff.
- Rates are still low, but they may rise. Lock your rate today.
- We have the right loans for first-time and experienced home buyers.
connect with lender directly.
- Free mortgage rate quotes
- Compare rates from up to 5 lenders
- Select the personalized loan program that suits you best
- Fixed Mortgage Rates 3.25% APR
- Lower Refinance Rates, 15yr Fixed
- (3.25% APR)
- Get your Free Quote in Minutes!
- Lenders Compete for your Business
- Lock in a Low Fixed Rate Before Rates Increase!
- Do you have the Lowest Rate Possible? Find Out Instantly!