7 ways to sell a not-so-perfect house
Hire the right Realtor
A savvy Realtor can help you price your home, recommend a stager and paint and carpeting contractors and even point buyers to financing opportunities, like the Federal Housing Administration ( FHA) 203(k) loan, that could help them buy your home and make improvements or repairs, too.
Marketing matters a lot as well.
"It's important that an agent not cut corners with marketing even if a home needs to be fixed up," Edwards says. "Find a good, local seasoned agent who's willing to spend the money to make it shine and stand out."
Ask the Expert
- Q. How does child support affect mortgage qualification?
- Q. Struggling after a job loss: should I consider a loan modification or bankruptcy?
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »Will a low-rate refinance prevent you from selling?
- »How healthy is your home?
- »Bankruptcy can save your home from foreclosure
- »$109,935 guarantees marital bliss
- »Mortgage interest deduction: More discriminatory than beneficial
- »Why are my adult children still living at home?
- »Do I have to make a down payment?