7 ways to sell a not-so-perfect house
New carpet and fresh paint
Fleysher says fresh paint and new carpet aren't worth the investment.
But Furth says the cost might be less than you'd imagine and even an inexpensive paint job and commercial-grade carpet can make a positive difference.
"It's worth a few bucks to get the carpet and paint looking decent," she says. "Otherwise, you have to cut your price and generally you'll have to cut it a lot more than paint and carpet would cost."
Ask the Expert
question gets published.
< Go Back
Most Popular Articles
- »5 things homebuyers should be thankful for this Thanksgiving
- »12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance rates
- »How to refinance a second property
- »Can my lender ask me why I'm buying a specific home?
- »Don’t be afraid to get a mortgage
- »Crowdfunding creates new opportunities for homebuyers
- »Elections: Five housing issues a new Congress should fix