A mortgage is a big part of your financial life, and once you've got one, it will be with you for a long time. How long? Well, some of that is up to you, and whether or not you can or want to prepay or refinance your mortgage. There are times when one or the other is your best bet -- and times when you probably shouldn't do either.
To learn more, be sure to read:
- Should I pay off my mortgage early?
- How mortgage prepayments affect your credit score
- Can I really make my own mortgage term?
- Should I prepay my mortgage, refinance... or both?
- Is it smart to pay cash for a house?