Your financial life may have many twists and turns, but that doesn't mean you can't stay in a home you love. There can be many ways to keep your home using specific refinancing and loan modification techniques, and if need be, graceful ways to exit homeownership without wrecking your credit.
To learn more about working through problems making mortgage payments, please read:
- Flex Modification: An outline of HAMP's replacement
- Streamline Refinance program replaces HARP
- How not to write a loan modification hardship letter
- Is forgiven mortgage debt treated as income and taxed?
- What happens to your mortgage if your home is destroyed?"